- Located in the heart of the Rio Grande - the best trophy Sea Run Brown Trout river in the world.
- Five world records have been set at Kau Tapen. 27-35 pound trout are caught each season. 20 pounders are caught every week.
- The most pools per angler per day-- only two anglers and their guide per beat and four to eight pools per beat- different beats every morning and evening--that's a lot of water to cover each day!
- Easy to read pool and riffle sequences on each beat.
- The easiest river you’ll ever wade, with a gravel bottom and an even flow.
- Kau Tapen can easily be fished with a 7 or 8 weight rod or with a two hander.
- Extensive beats make it possible to find a pool where wind is a help--not a hindrance.
- It is not all sinking line dredging-many trout are caught on floating line and even floating flies each seas.
Kau Tapen is the first luxury lodge on the Rio Grande and was built in 1983. It sets a standard of elegance by which other lodges are measured. Every convenience one could imagine is at your fingertips. The lodge accommodates up to 12 guests in 8 twin bedrooms and 1 double bed room.
Kau Tapen lodge was designed to offer rods maximum comfort during their fishing trip, as well as easy accessibility to the pools.
It accommodates up to 12 guests in 8 twin rooms and 1 double bedroom. It also boasts two well-placed and convenient heated wader rooms for wet gear, a wonderfully relaxing cedar Sauna, a Finnish steam bath, massage room and shower lounge for pure relaxation on terry cloth lounges out of the mainstream of activity. A great spot for some wonderful Argentina Malbec after a hot soak.
Not enough can be said for the outstanding staff service, gourmet offerings at every meal, fine wines, and fluffy down comforters that make any siesta especially welcome.
And the fishing for Sea Run Trout can simply not be matched anywhere on Earth. The trout range from 8-30 pounds and can take you into your backing on a long run as well as any fish in the world.