In El Lunar, we hunt Big Magellan (Choloephagapicta) and Ashy-Headed Goose (Choloephaga Poliocephala), locally known as “Avutarda”, during its migration to the North.
In March (when snow begins to cover the fields in Patagonia) geese leave the nesting lands and fly more than one thousand miles looking for good pastures. They end their migration in this area of the Province of Buenos Aires, where lagoons and small ponds irrigate the grain fields where they feed.
The best period for Goose hunting is from April to August, when migration is coming to an end. The best time is very early in the morning, as they start flying from the roost to the feeding fields before daylight. In the afternoon, we usually combine with some Perdiz, Dove or Pigeon hunts.
Shooting is from blinds or individual pits using decoys. Our guides, day by day, scout the nearby areas to choose the right one for a successful hunt.
Duck (April - August)
From mid April until the end of August (because of the amount of water and food) this area becomes a paradise for ducks. We scout the area every day, to find large amounts of birds for each hunt.
Hunting takes place in our own large lagoons and ponds or less than 30 minutes far from the main house.
Best duck hunting is in the early morning so, we usually combine Perdiz (partridge) or Pigeon hunts in the afternoon. All details for a wonderful hunt will be previously arranged with the guide.
We shoot over decoys from blinds built in natural reeds in the marshes. Chest waders are best for the walk to the blind.
l Lunar is a 10,000 acre lodging Estancia where terrific hunting, excellent accommodations & fantastic service await you!
Our service is very exclusive and personal. Our staff is bilingual and highly qualified.
At the main house, there are 7 suites (some with fireplaces), a Business Center (Fax & Internet), and many public areas with fireplaces.
The environment is ideal for peace, relaxation and fun!
Women are especially welcome! Monica (the landowner) will be receiving and making them feel like they are at home. They will never get bored in El Lunar: The Tango Dance show, massage sessions and visits to the Red Deer Farm are just a few options available.
But we can’t fully describe here all the wonders you’ll find in “El Lunar”, that’s why we recommend you visit us and know this paradise for yourself.
Just try this unforgettable experience!
- 7 Suites with private bathrooms. Very good heating.
- Open bar (see Gastronomy).
- Full board: Our chef will delight you with the “Argentine Asado” (BBQ) & the best wines. You will also enjoy the best International Cooking & the unique taste of your own harvested game.
- Big Living and Dining room with fireplaces.
- Entertainment room and bar (DirecTV).
- Business Center (Satellite Telephone Connection, Internet).
- Laundry service.
- Tango & Folklore Dance Show at the lodge.
- Visiting the surrounding area sites of interest.
- Massage, Hairdressing, Cosmetic sessions.
- Long Guided walks.
- Bird watching & Photography.
- Visit to the Red Deer Farm.
- Cooking Lessons.
- More options available for every woman's interests.